Date: Tuesday, January 30, 2018
The last weekend of January 2018, the Iowa State Council Pheasants Forever hosted their annual Iowa State Pheasants Forever Convention in Ames.
The Iowa Pheasants Forever Council's Roles, Activities & Objectives include:
- Organize the Iowa State Pheasants Forever Convention
- Sponsor & support the State Art Council
- Sponsor the selection & production of the "Iowa Print of the Year"
- Oversee the Iowa PF Council Trust Fund & disperse money to aid chapters with land purchases
- Oversee the endowment fund money to support Council objectives
- Sponsor & support educational programs for kids, teachers, volunteers and landowners
- Support legislative efforts at all levels of government that help conservation, habitat & recreation in Iowa
- Support Iowa Department of Natural Resources Private Lands and Wildlife Specialist Programs
- Support efforts to provide native prairie Seed to chapters
- Support efforts to provide food plot seed to chapters
- Support National Pheasant Fest activities in Iowa
During the event, Greg Bordignon WON the Iowa Pheasants Forever Artist and Print of the Year for 2018-2019! This is the 10th time that Mr. Bordignon has received this outstanding honor!
The annual event agenda for 2018 consisted of:
Friday, January 26, 2018
5:30PM—Bees, & Brews Social begins! Dinner & Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony to follow.
Saturday, January 27, 2018
8:00AM—Morning learning sessions & chapter sessions start!
10:35AM—Address given by our president & CEO, what’s going on in Iowa, and awards!
12:15PM—KEYNOTE, Matt Dunfee from the Wildlife Management Institute
2:00PM—Afternoon learning sessions & chapter sessions resume
5:30PM—Iowa State Council Fundraising Banquet
Check out the Linn County Pheasants Forever and Iowa PF's Facebook pages to follow local PF Events!
For more information about future events for the state of Iowa, visit their website or contact Eric Sytsma at (515) 423-4747 or by email at email@example.com OR Brice Morris at (319) 431-7543 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.